Midway Fire Rescue
Pawleys Island, SC
Courtesy of Midway Fire Rescue
HP 78 Ladder
Shop Order: #140794
Dealer: Fireline, Inc.
Midway Fire Rescue employs 62 career firefighters and 14 volunteer firefighters, responding from three stations in the beach community of Pawleys Island, SC. The department offers fire protection services to a residing population of 22,000 and a seasonal tourist population of 55,000 across 72 square miles, and responds to 4,000 incidents per year.
- Typhoon® medium cab with 220” wheelbase chassis
- Cummins® ISL 450 HP engine with Allison® EVS3000 transmission
- 78’ extruded aluminum aerial ladder with 825 lb. rated capacity and 2.5 to 1 structural safety factor
- Advanced Aerial Control System with ladder tip controls
- 16’ outrigger spread with short jack capability
- Extruded aluminum body with full-depth compartments, enclosed ladder tunnels and SideStackerTM hosebed
- Pump module features (4) pre-connected hand-lines, dry hose lay, high rise pack and backboard compartment
- Hale® QMAX® 2000 GPM pump with 500 gallon water tank
- Whelen® upper and lower NFPA warning lights