Newark N.J. Fire Department
Courtesy of Fire Chief Rufus L. Jackson
Shop Order: #140379
Dealer: Absolute Fire Protection Co., Inc.
Founded in 1797, the Newark Fire Department in New Jersey employs 650 career firefighters at 16 stations. This department serves a population of 300,000 across 26.11 square miles, protecting an international airport, a major international seaport, and a major train and bus depot, with response to 16,000 fire calls per year.
- Typhoon® medium cab with 12” Vista roof and 206” wheelbase chassis
- Cummins® ISL 450HP engine with Allison® EVS3000 transmission
- Extruded aluminum low hosebed body with full-height compartments driver side
- Hale® QMAX® 2000 GPM pump with 780 gallon water tank
- Williams® Hot Shot II 150 balanced pressure foam system with 250 gallon foam cell
- Dual Task Force Tips® monitors – MonsoonTM RC 2000 GPM electric monitor on pump module and Hurricane RC 1250 GPM electric monitor at rear of body
- Federal Signal® upper and lower NFPA warning lights