NEW E-ONE TITAN 4X4 EXCEEDS ARFF TESTING EXPECTATIONS
OCALA, Fla. – July 27, 2018 – E-ONE, a subsidiary of REV Group (NYSE: REVG) and a global leader in emergency response vehicles, is proud to announce the new TITAN 4×4 Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting (ARFF) vehicle has met or exceeded expectations in all categories of third-party advanced product testing.
In accordance with NFPA 414 (Standard for Aircraft Rescue and Fire-Fighting Vehicles), all newly-designed vehicles must undergo a series of (34) prototype tests followed by (13) operational tests for each production unit to validate compliance with industry recognized standards. Standardized test procedures as documented in NFPA 414 are followed to achieve repeatable results and prove the engineering design concepts.
The new E-ONE TITAN® 4×4 ARFF underwent testing at the Navistar Proving Ground in New Carlisle, IN, which included dynamic stability, brake system, vehicle accelerated durability, as well as engine performance and cooling testing.
Additional testing of the E-ONE TITAN® 4×4 ARFF was completed at the Center for Advanced Product Evaluation (CAPE). This included cab crashworthiness testing as well as seats and seatbelt anchor testing. These tests were based on the requirements of the ECE-R29 (Uniform Provisions Concerning the Approval of Vehicles with Regard to the Protection of the Occupants of the Cab of a Commercial Vehicle), SAE J2420 (COE Frontal Strength Evaluation), SAE J2422 (Cab Roof Strength Evaluation) and FMVSS 207/210.
The E-ONE cab is widely recognized as the strongest in the industry, and in testing, the new TITAN passed the Cab Roof Strength Evaluation at twice the required loading of the front axle capacity.
The fact that the new TITAN has passed all the required testing to date without issue, is a testament to the talented and dedicated design and engineering teams at E-ONE,” said Raff McDougall, Director of Engineering for E-ONE.
The new E-ONE TITAN® 4×4 passed testing in the following areas:
- Crashworthiness roof load (SAE 2422) which involved a 20 degree impact from the side at 13,000 pounds (5897 kilograms) of force and the roof load of 63,000 pounds (28576 kilograms) (twice the requirements)
- ECE-R29 (SAE2420) – frontal impact, higher energy requirement of ECE-R29 at 40,500 pounds (18370 kilograms) of force rather than the SAE standard
- FMVSS 207/210 – seat mounting and seat belt anchorage
- NFPA 414 Dynamic testing, NATO lane change, J-turn, 14-inch (35 centimeter) twist test and brake hill hold
- Turning circle of a 100-foot (30 meter) radius at 22 mph (35 kph)
- Acceleration from 0 to 50 mph (80 kph) in 24.33 seconds
- Tilt testing at 34.5 degrees either direction
- Gradeability at 20 and 50 percent
- Brake testing per FMVSS 121
- Engine application testing, Scania installation for performance and cooling
- Steering application, RH Sheppard application review
- Electro-magnetic Interference (EMI) testing
- Cab interior noise testing at 73.9 dBa average
- Cab forward visibility testing at 12 feet (3.6 meters), which means objects on the ground as close as 12 feet to the front of the truck can be seen by the driver
Matt Reda, International ARFF Product Manager for E-ONE commented, “These tests represent a major commitment in time and investment for us but are absolutely necessary to ensure the safest and most reliable performance for our customers.”
The new TITAN delivers on safety, performance and functional design — providing a product that allows E-ONE customers a more advanced way to respond.
Learn more about the rigorous cab testing of the new TITAN in video above.
E-ONE is a worldwide designer and manufacturer of fire trucks with more than 28,000 vehicles in operation around the world. Headquartered in Ocala, Florida, E-ONE is the industry leader in product innovations, new technologies and exceeding customer expectations. E-ONE is owned by the REV Group (NYSE: REVG), a leading manufacturer and distributor of specialty vehicles and related aftermarket parts and services serving fire and emergency, recreational vehicle, commercial bus and mobility markets worldwide. Learn more at revgroup.com.