E-ONE DELIVERS NEW EXPLOSIVE ORDNANCE DISPOSAL VEHICLE TO FORT LAUDERDALE POLICE DEPARTMENT
OCALA, FL – DEC. 17, 2018 – E-ONE, a subsidiary of REV Group and a leading manufacturer of fire apparatus, has announced the delivery of a new Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) vehicle to the Fort Lauderdale Police Department (FLPD).
The FLPD’s bomb squad is a federally accredited unit which provides front line response to suspected explosive devices and suspicious items in the Fort Lauderdale area. The FLPD bomb squad needed a modernized EOD response vehicle to provide the fundamental tools for response to various calls for service.
Features of the custom EOD vehicle include:
- Extruded aluminum 21-foot walk-in EOD body with 77-inch interior headroom
- Robot bay with 1000-pound capacity bi-fold ramp, easily deployed by a single operator
- Onan 12KW QuietOne Diesel generator includes shorepower and automatic transfer relay for operations from fixed power source or onboard generator
- Two Dometic 15000 BTU roof air handling units for on-scene cooling and heating
- Will-Burt 7-30 Mast with Pelco Espirit camera and controller
- Carefree 110V power lateral arm awning with auto retract in the event of high wind gust
The vehicle features an E-ONE customized command interior and additional technology solutions including:
- Two interior work stations, tech work benches, electronics cabinet with RU rack with wireless connectivity
- 42″ LG LED TV monitor in exterior side body compartment with lift up door serving as an exterior command station.
“The Fort Lauderdale Police Department partnered with E-ONE to design and develop a state-of-the-art vehicle that supports the bomb squad’s capabilities and overall mission during critical incidents,” said Captain Patrick Hart, Bomb Team Commander. “The bomb squad is proud to be a part of a successful preparedness strategy for the police department and their community partners.”
To learn more about E-ONE visit www.e-one.com.
E-ONE is a worldwide designer and manufacturer of fire trucks with more than 28,000 vehicles in operation around the world. Headquartered in Ocala, Florida, E-ONE is the industry leader in product innovations, new technologies and exceeding customer expectations. E-ONE is owned by the REV Group (NYSE: REVG), a leading manufacturer and distributor of specialty vehicles and related aftermarket parts and services serving fire and emergency, recreational vehicle, commercial bus and mobility markets worldwide. Learn more at revgroup.com.