E-ONE ANNOUNCES DELIVERY OF HUSH® SERIES (HS) FIRE TRUCK TO NEWCASTLE, OK
OCALA –JAN. 23, 2018 – E-ONE, a worldwide designer and manufacturer of fire trucks with more than 28,000 vehicles in operation around the world, announces the delivery of an E-ONE Hush® Series (HS) fire truck to the Newcastle Fire Department in Newcastle, Oklahoma.
Newcastle Fire Department required a rig that could transport more firefighters on scene. The HS has an open and spacious cab that seats up to 10 crew members and offers generous interior storage space for gear, equipment and more. “With this configuration, we can put a driver, officer and six firefighters on board,” said Lt. Derald McConnell of the Newcastle Fire Department.
The HS is like no other fire truck, with the engine at the rear of the truck. “With the other rigs in our department, noise is a big factor,” Lt. McConnell said. “Normally, it’s difficult to communicate between driver and officer. With this rig, since the engine is located in back, number 1, we don’t have a big hump separating everyone, and number 2, it’s quiet. With the air conditioner running wide open, there is absolutely no problem talking at a normal conversation voice and everyone hearing you.”
The rear engine design of the HS benefits both the operating crew and maintenance crew in the following ways:
- Interior space can be customized for each department’s needs, including storage below the front cab floor and interior cabinets
- Seating is available for up to 10 crew members in either Cyclone® or Quest® style cabs
- Communication advantage of a quieter cab
- Access to rear engine via two rear, power-operated, sliding body compartments with additional access via rear door and hinged section of hose bed floor
- Pull-out tailboard step, intermediate rear step and swing out ladder provide enhanced access to a generous hose bed
- Abundant storage options such as below the cab area for interior storage compartment, hose reel, hydraulic or cord reels and additional fuel capacity
“We are glad to see Newcastle taking advantage of the innovative Hush Series,” said Joe Hedges, E-ONE Product Manager. “With the engine in the rear, the noise is removed, providing an impressively quiet cab experience. Also, the open interior has plenty of space, allowing departments to configure the cab in ways not possible with an engine forward design.”
For more information about the HS, go to
http://www.e-one.com/product/hs-chassis/ or contact your E-ONE dealer.
About Rev Group
REV (NYSE: REVG) is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of specialty vehicles and related aftermarket parts and services. We serve a diversified customer base primarily in the United States through three segments: Fire & Emergency, Commercial and Recreation. We provide customized vehicle solutions for applications including: essential needs (ambulances, fire apparatus, school buses, mobility vans and municipal transit buses), industrial and commercial (terminal trucks, cut-away buses and street sweepers) and consumer leisure (recreational vehicles (“RVs”) and luxury buses). Our brand portfolio consists of 29 well-established principal vehicle brands including many of the most recognizable names within our served markets. Several of our brands pioneered their specialty vehicle product categories and date back more than 50 years. Investors-REVG