E-ONE DELIVERS 7 CUSTOM RESCUE PUMPERS TO POLK COUNTY FIRE RESCUE
OCALA, FL – JAN. 14, 2019 – E-ONE, a subsidiary of REV Group and a leading manufacturer of fire apparatus, has announced the delivery of seven new custom eMAX® Rescue Pumpers to Polk County Fire Rescue in Bartow, Fla.
“Polk County Fire Rescue is very excited to receive these units into our fleet of emergency response apparatus,” said Polk County Fire Chief Tony Stravino. “They have been designed to provide fire protection, emergency and ALS service by an internal apparatus committee of firefighters, officers as well as county fleet mechanics.”
Top features of these pumpers include:
- Extruded aluminum body with low hose bed
- Typhoon® long cab with 67.5” CA
- Full height/full depth rescue style driver and officer side compartments
- Driver side roof top compartment including enclosed storage for two 6” x 10’ hard suction hoses
- Recessed Zico® overhead ladder rack for 24’ and 14’ ladders
- Rear storage tunnel for 10′ ladder and (3) pike poles
- eMAX® 1,500 GPM low profile split shaft pump with 5” front intake
- 780 gallon UPF® Poly III tank (750 Water/20 Foam/10 Foam)
- Top mount pump operator’s panel with narrow side panels for maximum body compartment storage and driver/operator safety
- Double speed lays with removable hose trays
- Backboard storage under the cross walk
- Cummins® ISL 450 HP engine with Jacobs® compression brake and Allison® EVS3000P transmission
- Weldon® V-MUX® Multiplex electrical system with dual Vista IV displays and driver side, officer side and rear Safety Vision cameras
“We are looking forward to many years of outstanding performance serving our citizens, businesses and visitors to Polk County,” continues Chief Stravino. “These additions are a direct result of the County Manager’s office and our Board of County Commissioners having a vision and commitment to public safety and I personally thank them for their ongoing support.”
“These trucks boast extra-large 60” wide full depth front compartments and narrow 22” wide pump panel with top mount design for a shorter wheelbase, while meeting all the requirements of the fire department,” said Amey Kelkar, E-ONE Product Manager for Pumpers and Tankers. “This demonstrates E-ONE’s continued efforts to build fire trucks that are innovative and meet each department’s unique needs.”
To learn more about E-ONE visit www.e-one.com.
E-ONE is a worldwide designer and manufacturer of fire trucks with more than 28,000 vehicles in operation around the world. Headquartered in Ocala, Florida, E-ONE is the industry leader in product innovations, new technologies and exceeding customer expectations. E-ONE is owned by the REV Group (NYSE: REVG), a leading manufacturer and distributor of specialty vehicles and related aftermarket parts and services serving fire and emergency, recreational vehicle, commercial bus and mobility markets worldwide. Learn more at revgroup.com.